Number of flood victims reduces in Pahang and Perak, up in two others, two centres reopen in T'ganu

14 Dec 2022 11:46pm
Image for illustrative purposes only - BERNAMA
Image for illustrative purposes only - BERNAMA
A
A
A
KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 14 (Bernama) -- The number of flood victims in Pahang and Perak reduced, while Johor and Kelantan saw a slight increase, as two relief centres reopened in Terengganu as of tonight.

In PAHANG, the State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) secretariat reported that the flood in Temerloh had fully recovered after the 158 victims placed at SMK Seri Semantan were allowed to go home this afternoon.

However, 142 people still remain in SK Sinar Mutiara, Pekan, and nine in SK Kerayong, Bera.

In PERAK, the number of flood victims continued to decrease to 104 people from 25 families as of 8 pm, compared to 114 people from 29 families this evening, with all victims placed in three relief centres, namely SMK Abd Rahman Talib in the Hilir Perak district, Dewan SK Slim River (Mualim) and Kampung Tersusun Teluk Memali Community Hall (Perak Tengah).

Meanwhile, in JOHOR, the number of flood victims in Segamat and Kota Tinggi increased to 159 people as of 8 pm, compared to 148 in the evening, with the opening of another relief centre in Segamat, namely the Kampung Tasek Community Hall, housing 10 victims from Kampung Seberang Batu Badak.

-- MORE

FLOOD-ROUND UP (NIGHT) 2 (LAST) KUALA LUMPUR

According to the Johor JPBN secretariat, 61 people are still housed at the Kampung Batu Badak Community Hall and Kampung Kuala Paya Community Hall while in Kota Tinggi, a total of 88 people from 27 families have been evacuated to the Kampung Baru Sungai Mas Hall and Dewan Muafakat Bandar Penawar.

"They comprise seven families from Kampung Baru Sungai Mas while 20 families are from Taman Desaru Utama, Bandar Penawar, Kota Tinggi," it said in a statement.
Related Articles:


In KELANTAN, the number of victims also increased slightly tonight to 2,019 people from 637 families in Pasir Mas placed in seven relief centres, compared to 2,014 people from 634 families in the evening.

The Kelantan JPBN secretariat said that a total of 712 victims took shelter at SK Tok Deh, SK Kedai Tanjong (47), SK Gual Periok (544), Mukim Padang Licin Mosque (69), Putat Tujoh relief centre (157), SK Kubang Kual (256) and SK Sri Kiambang (234).

In TERENGGANU, just after five hours of all the relief centres in the state being closed, floods hit the Hulu Terengganu district, with a total of 61 people from 13 families evacuated.

The state’s JPBN secretariat in a statement said that two relief centres had been opened since the district was hit by floods this afternoon, namely the Kampung Kemat Community Hall which housed 35 victims from 10 families and the Kampung Tapah Community Hall with 26 victims (three families).

Based on data on publicinfobanjir.water.gov.my, two rivers in Hulu Terengganu, namely Sungai Berang in Kampung Menerong and Sungai Telemong in Kuala Ping were now above the danger level.

-- BERNAMA