Dirty dining: Sushi with a side of maggots
SHAH ALAM - A woman had extra maggot flavouring for her sushi meal when she discovered writhing live maggots in her soy sauce bottle while dining at Sushi King Aeon Mall Shah Alam.
The unfortunate woman, however, did not discover the little white worms in the soy sauce bottle until after she had finished eating, which led her to make a video about it and upload it on social media.
The incident occurred two days ago, on Dec 21st
The circumstances leading to their appearance inside the bottle were unknown.
According to the woman, Sushi King staff at the outlet in question were indifferent to the health hazard.
Meanwhile, Sushi King Malaysia has since released a statement apologising for the incident.
“As a company, we have taken immediate action by conducting an investigation and further reinforcing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for food handling as well as employee training management,” it said in a statement.
The popular Japanese food chain reported the incident to the Ministry of Health and they were ready to cooperate with authorities on the matter.
“This isolated incident has been reported to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and we are ready to cooperate with the authorities to take the necessary action.”