Man disguised as woman breaks into rental home in Shah Alam

The incident gained attention after the victim shared her experience on Threads, claiming the house had been broken into with no signs of forced entry, raising suspicion that a duplicate key may have been used.

KOUSALYA SELVAM
KOUSALYA SELVAM
19 Feb 2026 04:00pm
Screenshots from the CCTV footage posted by the victim in a social media post.
Screenshots from the CCTV footage posted by the victim in a social media post.

SHAH ALAM - A man who disguised himself as a woman by wearing a headscarf and carrying a handbag is believed to have broken into a rented house at the Section 7 Commercial Centre here.

Shah Alam district police chief Assistant Commissioner of Police Ramsay Embol said a police report was lodged at 7.20pm on Feb 18 by a woman in her 20s who is a student at a local public university and a tenant of the unit.

He said the victim had left the house on Feb 17 to return to her hometown. When she came back at about 6.30pm the following day, she found the main door open and the house ransacked.

"It is believed the house had been entered by an unknown individual while she was away," he said in a statement.

The incident gained attention after the victim shared her experience on Threads, claiming the house had been broken into with no signs of forced entry, raising suspicion that a duplicate key may have been used.

She also mentioned that a closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage captured the suspect and advised others not to leave gold or cash at home.

"Shah Alam Section 7 residents, please be careful if you’re leaving your house to go back to your hometown during the fasting month. My rented house was broken into.

"There were no signs of forced entry at all, as if someone had another key. Don’t leave gold or cash at home. Stay alert, everyone," the victim posted.

Ramsay said police checks on the CCTV footage found that a man broke into the house at 9.26am on Feb 18 while no one was home.

"Investigations found that the suspect disguised himself as a woman by wearing women’s clothing, including a headscarf and carrying a handbag to avoid suspicion," he said.

He added that no valuables were reported missing in the incident.

The case is being investigated under Section 457 of the Penal Code, which provides for up to 14 years’ imprisonment and possible caning upon conviction. Efforts to trace the suspect are ongoing.

Police advised residents to inform neighbours or the nearest police station if they plan to leave their homes for a holiday.

Anyone with information can contact the investigating officer Sergeant Rustam Eliah, at 019-6148034.

Download Sinar Daily application.Click Here!

More Like This