Teenager almost blind after friend put soap in his eyes – Police
GERIK - A Form One male student almost went blind after his friend poured liquid soap into his eyes while he was asleep in a boarding school here.
Perak Police chief Datuk Seri Mohd Yusri Hassan Basri said the victim's father lodged a police report at around 12.22pm yesterday.
"Investigation found that the incident occurred on last May 19 at around 1.15am.
"Both of the victim's eyes were poured with liquid believed to be soap and the 13-year-old victim was treated at Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in Ipoh.
"Examination carried out by medical experts confirmed that the victim suffered bilateral eye chemical injury grade 1 and needs to undergo follow-up treatment," he said when contacted here.
He said the male student involved had been arrested and the case was currently being investigated under Section 324 of the Penal Code for causing injury.
Several witnesses including teachers and students would be summoned to assist in the investigation.
"The investigation paper will be referred to the public prosecutor for further action," he said.