Suspect held over confinement, sexual assault of teenager in Bukit Kemuning - Police
The man, believed to be in his 40s, was arrested on May 16 in a rented room in Kuala Lumpur.

SHAH ALAM - Police have arrested a suspect believed to be involved in the case of confining and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy at an apartment in Bukit Kemuning, Section 32, here last week.
Selangor police chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar said the man, believed to be in his 40s, was arrested on May 16 in a rented room in Kuala Lumpur.
"Investigations also found that he was released from prison in April 2025 and is currently working as a debt collector. We are also investigating whether the house in Kuala Lumpur had been rented for some time or only recently.
"We believe it may have just been rented after he moved from Shah Alam, which is the location of the incident in Selangor. We will determine that later,” he said at a press conference on the achievements of the state’s Narcotics Criminal Investigation Department (NCID) at the Selangor contingent police headquarters here today.
Shazeli said urine screening results also found that the local suspect tested negative for drugs, and he has been remanded until tomorrow to assist in the investigation.
On May 12, the media reported that a teenage boy alleged he was confined, abused and believed to have been sexually assaulted by an unknown man at an apartment in Bukit Kemuning here.
Initial police investigations found that the suspect had deceived the victim by inviting the teenager to chat, offering a mobile internet package on the condition that the victim help carry items at the suspect’s residence.
Shah Alam police chief ACP Ramsay Embol was also reported as saying that the suspect has a prior record of rape, robbery and confining a woman, and was convicted in 2008. - BERNAMA
Download Sinar Daily application.Click Here!
