100 students in Bahau suspected of food poisoning
SEREMBAN - About 100 students from a school in Bahau, Jempol are suspected to have experienced food poisoning symptoms, including diarrhea and vomiting since last week.
Negeri Sembilan Education Department Director Dr Roslan Hussin said that they were awaiting the decision from the District Health Office regarding the matter.
"Yes, there is (the case), but it did not occur simultaneously involving 100 individuals.
"It happened from Tuesday to Friday. The affected students have received treatment at nearby clinics and are now at their respective homes.
"The exact cause of the incident is still unknown at this point, whether it's food poisoning or another reason.
"The District Health Office is conducting an investigation, and we are still waiting for their decision," he said when contacted by Sinar today.
Previously, there was information circulating on WhatsApp about the incident involving primary school students.
The viral information said that the school took the incident seriously, and several safety measures, including cleaning work around the school premises, including the toilets and cafeteria, had been carried out.
Therefore, parents were reminded to monitor their children's health and seek further treatment immediately if any related symptoms arise.
Meanwhile, Roslan said that the school's teaching sessions proceeded as usual on Monday, and there was no temporary closure directive.