Malaysia, brewing love affair with coffee, surging to third place in global consumption
SHAH ALAM - With Oct 1 marking the celebration of International Coffee Day, Malaysia has a great reason to celebrate it with much pride.
This is because it has been ranked third for experiencing the most significant surge in coffee consumption.
According to the International Coffee Organisation 2022–2022 report, Malaysia, along with Korea and Australia, led a substantial surge of 3.7 per cent in coffee consumption across the region, adding an extra 0.9 million bags and driving the total consumption to an impressive 5.9 million bags.
Meanwhile, within the Asia and Pacific region, Japan assumes the role of the foremost coffee market, illustrating the intricate relationship between coffee market development and population size.
While countries boasting large populations like China and India lag behind in coffee development, nations with smaller populations, including Korea, Australia, and Malaysia, tend to exhibit higher coffee development levels and boast higher per capita incomes.
Furthermore, noteworthy spikes in coffee consumption were discernible in China, Japan, Turkey, and Vietnam.
The cumulative coffee consumption surged to 15.4 million bags, a notable increase from the 14.7 million bags recorded in the preceding coffee year.
This coffee anniversary serves as a testament to Malaysia's growing love for this cherished beverage.
Here are some coffee places offering special promotions today: 1. Starbucks: Enjoy a free, short-sized, freshly brewed coffee.
2. emart24: Get any brewed coffee for only RM4.99 from Oct 1 to Oct 7.
3. San Francisco Coffee: Sip on an Americano for just RM1 from Oct 1 to Oct 3.
4. Dunkin': Don't miss Dunkin's Global Coffee Day Promotion, available from Sept 30 to Oct 2.
5. J.Co Donut & Coffee Malaysia: Grab a FREE hot or iced Americano on Oct 1.
6. Coffee Bean Malaysia: Savour the rich flavours of 12oz cold brew coffee all for just RM10.
Don't miss out on these coffee deals; go grab yours now!