Penjana Kerjaya: MACC arrests 12 more over false claims
SHAH ALAM - The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has arrested 12 more individuals believed to be involved in a case of submitting false claims under the Penjana Kerjaya hiring incentive programme nationwide involving a total of RM63 million.
According to a source, the arrests of the suspects aged betwen 29 and 53 were made last night (Tuesday) around the country through the anti-graft agency's operations dubbed Op Hire 2.0.
A total of 59 suspects including 18 women were detained in the operations, so far.
"In the latest arrest, MACC managed to track down company owners, directors and managers believed to have submitted false claims.
"All of them will be hauled to court this morning to obtain a remand order," the source said today.
Meanwhile, MACC Senior Director of Investigations Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Hashim confirmed the arrests.
He said the commission will continue with Op Hire 2.0 to curb embezzlements and leakages of government funds which were serious issues.
It was reported that over 100 private limited companies were believed to have been under MACC's observation after they were suspected of making false claims involving the hiring incentive programme.
The companies from various sectors and fields were identified by MACC through continuous operations and intelligence with the Social Security Organisation (Socso) in a special Op Hire.
In the special operations, individuals who committed corruption, forged documents and cheated to obtain government funds under the Economic Recovery Plan (Penjana) when the country was facing the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 were identified.
Yesterday, it was reported that MACC detained 47 company directors through Op Hire 2.0 which was carried out since Monday.
Op Hire 2.0 is a continuation of Op Hire 1.0 implemented last year.